Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Friday, January 16, 2009

ADHD Manifesto

So, I was trying to think of a running title for my blog contributions when I thought to myself, "self, you never have a central theme to your posts. It's like you have ADHD." And just like that, I bring you volume one, edition 1, page 1 of the ADHD Manifesto. Okay, pages are overdoing it a bit but I like to be thorough about these things.

1. I'm more disappointed than ever with professional athletes. Let's put this into perspective. your God given abilities give you access to resources only 5% of the entire world gets to enjoy, if that. Now, these abilities aren't solving world hunger or global warming. Noooo...athletes aren't even asked to balance the national debt. Even better, they don't even have to do their own damned grocery shopping. They run. They jump. They shoot, swing, drive, skate, etc., better than anyone else on planet earth. That's it. Most of them can't even form complete thoughts when asked a simple question, let alone sentences. Here's the million dollar question....why don't they do that and shut the fuck up?!?!? Instead...I get a lecture on respect of all things. Really? That's today's topic of choice? Okay fine. But just remember, you started it.

Respect is not having to hear commentators gushing about a guy just because he stays after practice to shoot jumpers for an hour. HE PLAYS BASKETBALL FOR A LIVING! He gets a check for shooting jumpers. Shouldn't he want to make them? Respect is not having to hear baseball analysts tell me that some slob showed up 20 lbs. lighter and as a result, is going to have the best season of his career. Is it me? Am I being too critical to note that he was already 40 lbs. overweight and he plays baseball for a living?? Respect is not having to hear football analysts tell me that a football player who's just been arrested, apologizes for fucking up better than anyone else. First, no he doesn't. My 3 year old apologizes better than anyone else after she draws a stick figure on her wall in crayon. Lil windex...stern talking to....lil forethought to have painted her room with easy to clean paint. No harm..no foul. She's 3! On the other hand, apologizing after displaying what can only be described as utter stupidity by a grown ass man, unacceptable.

I think all athletes need to start their grade school careers with a class in personal and professional respect. Bring in some DUI victims, some homeless people who ride the train cuz they have nowhere else to go, athletes that compete with missing limbs and other disabilities. Then and only then, do I wanna hear from any professional athlete about "respect."

Stay tuned for my Roland Burris raised eyebrow blog....

2 comments:

ADHDsay what wuh? girl said...

i would have read it but it's too & have ADHD (jk god stuff :)

ADHDsay what wuh? girl said...

say what wuh? i put TOO long & good stuff! def not god stuff :/