Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Monday, March 21, 2011

Flash is a poor substitute for substance

I was watching the Michigan vs. Duke NCAA college basketball today, and I was bored as shit. I do not know any players, and the game was pretty even. I figured it would fizzle out at the half. It actually turned in to a decent game, and had a good ending. Michigan lost, and I was reminded of the horrible and crippling losses suffered by Michigan back in the day. I am sitting here on my couch this evening, and I was subjected to a 2 hour program about how important Michigan’s Fab five players were. Since the players never won a title, in college or the NBA, made headlines for being good players, but were more famous for listening to rap music, and wearing long shorts, I say “WHO GIVES A SHIT?” They lost to superior teams, they never played on finals teams in the NBA, and The Flying Illini teams of the late eighties originated the long shorts, Fuck Jalen Rose, Chris Webber, Ray Jackson, Jimmy King, and Juwan Howard.

I feel that more attention should be given to hero types, such as the one-legged wrestler Anthony Robles who fought adversity every step of the way just to qualify and won the wrestling title for his weight class in the NCAA. THAT guy fought adversity, had a challenge to meet, and met it on the highest level. Freaking Rose and Webber listened to rap music and lost because of cockiness to DUKE, and low basketball IQ (North Carolina). Why should we care about one group, and not another gentleman? Extra props go to the one legged wrestler because he is Hispanic, and when interviewed, he said that his whole life was tough, and he had to get tougher, or give up. Webber was found to have taken money from a Michigan booster, and when he got caught, he turned on his people faster than a taxi at a yellow light.

No comments: