Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Friday, December 31, 2010

NYE...hurray for you and me

It is 12.31.2010 at 9:47am in Chicago. I am sitting in my new office on my day off because I wanted to decorate this bitch. Yeah, that's right i went in on my day off which most of you are laughing at since many of you bastards don't think I work hard on normal days. Well here I am figuring out where to put my Homer Simpson doll. I am worried about the lines and colors, and whether my massive new laptop will block people when they come in here to talk to me about computers.

dull right? Not for my ass! When I step back and realize why I am even here in the first place I smile. See, I could be at home right now on my day off thinking of news ways to loathe going back to work on Monday if i were still stuck at my previous gig. Instead, I am happily sitting in the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in, overlooking the river,the L Train and a great slice of Chicago. So, since I am almost tired of rubbing this in ur faces...sorry LU...I felt like going back over the year.

Beginning of the year my old company finally died and was buried. Then it was unceremoniously dug up, defecated on, and dragged through the streets until it was barely recognizable. If that wasn't enough, limbs were chopped and it was mocked using them. All the while, we were told this was ok, and that we should "SUCK IT UP AND QUIT COMPLAINING!". Friends and colleagues vanished like Hitler was still in charge and was hell bent on ridding the world of good people.

In the middle of all this, I decided to drop off this huge anchor that was weighing me down. I mean I am short already, and this hunk of iron was robbing me of my full height and pomp! So, on a beautiful day in July, I went to the Lake and dropped that bitch off in the water. I made sure to stick around and watch it sink the bottom. I wouldn't say I reveled in it or anything...I was just making sure it wasn't still stuck to me somehow.

That was the bad...or good as in the case of shedding the iron, but 2010 was just prepping me for the good. For instance, I got a new car. 2005 Jetta! Yep, I went all the way to Florida to go scoop that up and the owner was nice enough to come with me and make sure I was happy with the purchase and the ride. Then she even cooked me dinner, and watched movies with me. I tell you, if you get a chance, head to FL...they have great people there!

I was able to fully enjoy my time with the greatest human ever...my son. He is the lilMAN, in case you just stumbled across this blog. He is 3 years old of positive energy. Over the past year i have cemented my groove and routine with him, only to have him change it up on me. He keeps me on my toes and I love it. Our battles of wit and will entertain me like no other. Yes he is three, but his imagination and creativity have reinvigorated me. Or at the very least made me see past all the crap that COULD tie one down.

Cooking has become a new thing for me. I dont do it as much as I like but being able to throw some things together has been fun. Doing it with my mom and that awesome Jetta owner made it even better. Who knew charring flesh, drowning life in a boiling water or oil could be so much fun or delicious. Oh Dexter, you are one clever bastard.

In sports, well, watching DROSE destroy people and make sportscasters gush over this great city again has been a pleasure. It truly sucked being a huge city and watching your teams fail and cry poverty. The Bears have also stepped up and dragged these haters out of the woodwork. Nothing truly could make me happier. Well except for another White Sox World Series and a futile Cubs Season.

So 2011, you have some work to do. Step your game up. Last year i proclaimed that 2010 was going to be a great year, and it was. Ups, downs, fights or love, whatever happens happens. You can only embrace it, lay it down, stare deeply into its eyes, and say...I love you...now lets get it on! In a few short hours i will be annihilating some of the most delicious courses one could ask for. Afterward, I will call my son, and we will chat about sports, his love of trains and the upcoming financial climate the country will face. Soon after that, we will engage in a bloody battles of board games and shit talking. It will all take a break at 11:58pm when we will pour out champagne, and get ready to bring in the new year. Sitting here in my comfortable chair, with the low rumble of the L behind me, i can only smile...2010 was good...2011 here we come.


-iz3y!

No comments: