Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Monday, April 11, 2011

EVEN MORE THINGS that make me say "Eh"

I was driving last night, listening to the radio. Rock Music in the summer of 2010 is terrible, I hear myself say. I opt for a homemade mixed CD I made about three weeks ago and have listened to dozens of times. It is also terrible.  I can never make up my mind.  I jump from Green Velvet to Andrea Bocelli, yep, its as bad as it sounds.


The government prolongs the inevitable shutdown by a week to bitch and moan a bit more.  Hey, If the local manufacturing business shuts down, do the workers get paid?  I'm just saying

 While trying to be a creative person and be amongst other creative people I realize the word ‘creative’ has no positive value judgment. Most “creative” people are bereft of talent and create yet more food for garbage cans.  Could creative mean that you lack the ability to follow a form or process to get something done?  "He/she is so creative"  is just code for "This goofy fuck did not follow the rules, but lucked out in the end." 

The Cubs fans in my fraternity and their comical efforts to have an argument with me about why the Cubs are better than the Sox.  I mean really?  Come on.  REALLY?  some popular comments they make to me "One championship in the last 90 yrs or so, who cares?"  I always say: "I would rather win the lottery and be filthy rich once, then not ever win."  They usually say something about dedicated fans or some goofy shit.  I like to show them pics of Wrigley field bleachers with their backs to the field, or of there being more seagulls than fans.  Then the inevitably fall back on the argument that the city would shut down if the Cubs ever won the title.  I say yes, yes it would, because that would be the day that every single other team in professional and minor league baseball died in fiery plane crashes.  Then they get all huffy puffy and I go "Eh."

The situation as a comic.  This guy is as funny as Chris Burke, who played TVs Corky from Life Goes On, but without the intelligence or charisma.  Google him, You know you want to. 

Starlin Castro getting hit in the face with  baseball, most cubs fans are used balls in the face.

Recently  I’m becoming equally concerned with both my substance abuse problems and also becoming a recovering substance abuser addicted to meetings and reminiscing about abusing substances. Today while running an errand, I picked up a beer to drink in the car and noted it’d be a good story to convince others, which they all do, that I actually did have a problem at one point.  I mean I almost really convinced myself to have a drinking problem just to have a story to tell at one of jimmy's parties. 
 
Jokey Jokemaker316

No comments: