Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

There goes the fucking neighborhood...

man oh man...ALMIGHTY SAINT NATION!!! yes the Saints just won the SuperBowl and yes I am ecstatic to see the return of the Peyton Manning face (props to the SportsGuy).

It was a fun day being able to use the gang lingo I grew up hearing all up and down my block by some of the dumbest people ever. I mean, i am sure at the time it was real cool walking around wearing baby blue and black, proud to be in the street in uniform they threw on that day. Today, though it fit perfectly as a bunch of us got together and threw out the best lines we had. SAINT LOVE!

ALMIGHTY DONT LIKE NOBODY!

Nonsense, but cathartic now that i dont have to worry about bullets buzzing by my head because I might have offended the local punks. I ask though, where did it go wrong? How did we get there, and is my admiration for OLDE ENGLISH a little disturbing?

Fuck if i know, but it is funny to think of how far we have come, those of us who grew up in that. How, even though shit was rough, we made something out of it. How our will is stronger than most, and now we can joke about it, as we have earned to the right too.

Congrats Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints...and thanks for a great game and the opportunity to act like a fool for 5 minutes. I would have rocked my colors, but then i remembered i never grew up on the damn streets because my Dad would have whooped my monkey ass! Thanks mom and dad! also props to my boys Ruf, Tony Martin, Romie Rome, Chris Cruz aka lilWolfy, and all my Back of the Yards people. Lili, you have made the cut, but ur not from there!

-iz3y 'lilNERD' lopez

No comments: