Shout OUT!

HAPPY BDAY to Bella Baggins (7/6) and the BIGS (7/13)

Monday, October 4, 2010

i mixed it up....now what?

There i was, wearing the DJ headphones...barely making out what was going on. The DJ had slinked off to smoke a cigarette and i was staring at decks and CDs. DECKS AND CDs!!!!!

What to do what to do? Well i grab the headphones, plopped them on and went to work. In my mind I was the rebirth of Keoki! I was going to break out a crown and cape and just throw down at this small party. Call me DJ 13ROK5! I was smoking hot. I was grooving and people were moving.

in reality i was playing CD then another. I was hanging on for dear life. I was scrambling for songs I knew and since it was a smooth 4 hours into this gala fest to drinking, i was searching for stuff that hadnt been played. It was tough. Then I fell victim to the request line, a girl asking for a great song that was 1/4 of the tempo than the previous one. I let a track run to the end. I even had a drunkard start scratching while i was setting up the next song. Transitions? Well again, i was hanging on for dear life, but hey, i got the next song on!

Moral of the story...FUCK IT. That shit was fun as hell. I have been listening to mixes since I was little and this was awesome. I sucked. SUCKED royally, like when someone first picks up a bat or a white boy dancing salsa with no rhythm. Like that white boy though..I HAD A BLAST!! I even went home with a girl...i mean i came with two, but still!

follow your dreams young ones!

-iz3y!
Snoog Doggy Dogg - Murder was the case

No comments: